Cavan Credit Union offers an excellent range of loan products. Our personal approach is aimed to help you – our members.
Standard Loan Rate 12%. (APR 12.74%)
Car Loan Rate 9.9%. (APR 10.39%)
Education Loan Rate 6.9%. (APR 7.12%)
Secure Loan Rate 3%. (APR 3.05%)
Cavan Credit Union will consider loan applications from members for any worthwhile purpose. Each application is treated in the utmost confidence and will be considered on its own merits. It is Credit Union policy to meet the borrowing requirements of as many members as possible.Applying for a loan
- You can apply online by becoming a registered user. To register now click here!
- All loans are through appointment only. Call us on 049-4331715 to arrange an appointment with our loans officer.
Please note current proof of income is required for every loan application, so please bring it in with you when you apply to speed up the application process.
Requirements for loan applications
In deciding whether or not to grant the loan the loan officer and the credit committee will take into account the following:
- The members record of savings and loan repayments and their ability to repay. Loans require security in the form of savings.
- Security of 5% of the loan value for all loans is required with the exception of secure loans, which require 100% security.
For all loan applications the member will need to bring the following documents :
- 3 payslips or social welfare receipts
- Recent bank statement (Most recent 3 months)
- Proof of rent or mortgage
- Photo ID
- Proof of payment on any other income or debt that does not go through a bank account
Cavan Credit Union are now part of the Irish Credit Bureau and all loan applications over the amount of €200.00 are subject to an ICB credit check.
The Board of Directors has a responsibility under Credit Union and consumer credit legislation to safeguard the assets of the Credit Union and to ensure that members do not become over-indebted. This means minimising bad debts and other costs of credit and ensuring that as much information as possible is obtained to assess a member’s ability to repay a loan.
There are many benefits to borrowing from Cavan Credit Union:
- Low interest rates for loans
- We don’t charge any processing or documentation fees
- Free loan protection insurance – your loan is paid off in the event of your death. *Terms and conditions apply
- No penalties for paying off your loan early
- Easy application process and speedy decisions
- You as a member, benefit from any surplus that we make by way of a yearly dividend
- You get money back on your interest paid if a loan interest rebate is applied
- You pay the interest on the reducing balance of the loan: therefore you pay less interest as the loan decreases!
*Terms and conditions apply – please ask a member of staff for details.